Overview of Award
In 2018, Seoul City declared itself the "Human City Design Seoul".
The ‘Human City Design Seoul’ Declaration is a response to what the world needs now, with our society convinced that we must overcome the harmful effects of human alienation or materialism or environmental problems, and design a sustainable urban environment in which people can enjoy creative lives. It is the wish of the Seoul Metropolitan Government and of the Seoul Design Foundation that Seoul can serve as a window for communication in building an urban ecosystem where men and nature coexist and as a platform for joint prosperity where the sustainability and well-being of the cultural community is sought after. With this hope, the “Human City Design Awards” are presented to designers or groups that have contributed to building a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between men and men, between men and society, between men and the environment, and between men and nature by tackling urban environmental issues and by presenting a new vision through creative design.
·Individuals or organizations in the design sector with the recommendations of nations, local city governments, design-related universities and design-related associations
· Individuals or organizations who have five or more years of experience in design-related field
· Official Announcement I 27 June 2019 (Thur.) ~ 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
· 1st Registration I 08 July 2019 (Mon.) ~ 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
· 1st Review I 07 August 2019 (Wed.) ~ 11 August 2019 (Sun.)
· 2nd Registration I 12 August 2019 (Mon.) ~ 16 August 2019 (Fri.)
· 2nd Review I 17 August 2019 (Sat.) ~ 21 August 2019 (Wed.)
· Final Review (including Site Verification) I 22 August 2019 (Thur.) ~ 03 September 2019 (Tue.)
· Announcement of Winner I Early September 2019
For more details, please download the attachments or visit the website http://seouldesignweek.or.kr/program/design-award/